Alyssa Loh, Performance of p-lay-ered ambience at National Gallery Singapore for Light to Night Festival 2023, NAFA
The University of the Arts Singapore offers scholarships and awards in recognition of outstanding academic achievements, leadership potential and talents in the arts and culture field.
NAC-UAS Arts ScholarshipThe NAC-UAS Arts Scholarship is a joint scholarship established between the University of the Arts Singapore (UAS) and the National Arts Council (NAC) to nurture outstanding students enroled in UAS undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to develop the next generation of arts leaders in Singapore.
- Singapore citizens and permanent residents enroled in UAS full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as listed below:
- BA (Hons) Acting
- BA (Hons) Arts Histories and Curatorial Practices: Asia and the World
- BA (Hons) Arts Management
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Chinese Theatres
- BA (Hons) Fine Arts
- BA (Hons) International Dance and Contemporary Practices
- BA (Hons) Music
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre
- MA Art Therapy
- MA Arts and Cultural Leadership
- MA Arts and Ecology
- MA Arts Pedagogy and Practice
- MA Asian Art Histories
- MA Creative Writing
- MA Fine Arts
- MA Music Therapy
- MFA Fine Art
- Applicants must have been offered a place in one of the above-mentioned full-time programmes for the August 2024 intake.
- Non-recipients of any other scholarships / bursaries / financial aid / sponsorships awarded by external organisations.
- Excellent academic performance / outstanding track records as an Arts practitioner or professional.
- Motivated individuals who aspire to play a leadership role in shaping the future arts and culture scene in Singapore, and commit to creating a positive impact for the Singapore community through the arts.
- Good co-curricular activities records.
- Strong commitment to two years of service in the Singapore arts industry upon graduation.
90% of the total fees payable as stated in the official fee advice for the enroled programme, as well as a monthly maintenance allowance.
Terms and conditions
Please read through the terms and conditions before applying for the NAC-UAS Arts Scholarship.
Application is open from 19 January 2024 to 15 May 2024 for new students.
For students enroled in a full-time NAFA programme, please click here to apply.
For students enroled in a full-time LASALLE BA (Hons) programme, please click here to apply.
For students enroled in a full-time LASALLE MA programme, please click here to apply.
Shortlisted applicants are expected to attend an interview(s) in May/June 2024. Successful applicants will be notified via email at the end of July 2024.